Last modified: October 21, 2015
What information does Greenwave collect and how does Greenwave use it?
Greenwave may collect the following types of information:
- Unique application number – Certain services offered by Greenwave include a unique application number that is not associated with your account or you. This number and information about your installation (e.g., operating system type, version number) may be sent to Greenwave when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers (for example, to request automatic updates to the software).
- This allows us to properly and effectively integrate you into the website database in order to provide you with the functionality, feedback, support and any information you request. We may additionally use the information we collect to occasionally seek feedback from you regarding potential Greenwave products and services and to notify you about important functionality changes to the website, new products and services available through the website or otherwise offered by Greenwave, and special offers we think you’ll find valuable.
- We may additionally use information provided through our website and services to compile performance and analysis reports pertaining to users of our website and systems. We may additionally collect website data to contact any entities who access or use our website unless the entity “opts-out” from being contacted. You may choose to opt-out from being contacted by removing your information from our databases as provided in this Privacy Statement.
- Log information – When you access Greenwave services via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to Greenwave or a Sub Customer, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
How does Greenwave protect visitor information?
Greenwave uses industry-standard technologies when storing, transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged to help ensure its security. This includes password protected member records, firewalls, secure servers and SSL encryption. We take reasonable precautions to protect the personal information on individuals collected or maintained by Greenwave against loss, unauthorized access, and illegal use or disclosure. On our Web sites, we protect the security your personal information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you type in. Personal information is stored in secure locations. Our staff is trained on procedures for the release of information, and access to personal information is limited to those staff whose work requires it. Confidential information is destroyed according to Greenwave’s records retention schedule. Greenwave conducts periodic audits to ensure that proper information management policies and procedures are being followed.
Does Greenwave use “cookies”?
Does Greenwave disclose any personally identifiable information it collects from its visitors to outside parties?
Greenwave may transfer, sell and otherwise may share the information you provide to us to select partners and third parties if you have permitted us to in setting up your profile and account information. This will allow these third parties to contact you and provide you offers and other information that they think will be valuable to you. However, if you would like Greenwave to stop providing your information to these third parties, please log into your account through the Greenwave website and change your account settings to opt-out of being contacted by third parties.
Greenwave, and any of its affiliates or contractors, may (a) use, sell or transfer any anonymous aggregated statistical user data in any manner, at any time and (b) freely transfer any and all information you provide us to any of our subsidiary, parent and/or affiliate companies.
In what other circumstances will Greenwave disclose my personally identifiable Information?
Greenwave will only share your personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Greenwave in the following limited circumstances:
- If we have your consent as noted above. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- You agree that Greenwave will not be liable for any unintentional or inadvertent disclosure of any Personal Information.
Does Greenwave allow children to utilize its Services and websites (a special note to parents)?
In compliance with the 1998 Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Greenwave is a general audience website, and does not knowingly collect, nor will ever knowingly retain, personally identifiable information from any visitor Greenwave actually knows to be under thirteen years of age without the consent of that child’s parent or legal guardian.
How does a visitor remove or modify the information they have provided to Greenwave?
After gathering any user information, Greenwave offers users the opportunity to remove their information from our database so as not to receive future communications or to no longer interact with the website until they later chose to by logging into your account through the Greenwave website and changing your account settings and preferences. However, once removed from Greenwave’s database, users will no longer be able to access any of the exclusive features offered to registered users.
Does Greenwave utilize Third party links and co-brand relationships?
In an attempt to provide increased value to our visitors, Greenwave may choose various third party websites to link to and from, and frame within, its own website though it does not currently do so. Greenwave may also participate in co-branding and other relationships to offer information, programs and other services and features to its users. However, even if the third party is affiliated with Greenwave, Greenwave has no control over these linked sites, and each of these sites has separate privacy and data collection practices independent of Greenwave. As such, we have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any such websites. These linked sites are only for your convenience and you therefore access them at your own risk. Accordingly, please carefully review the data collection policies on each of these websites.
Do you save my personal information after I terminate your Services?
If you terminate your Service(s), we will maintain your Personal Information only as long as necessary for business purposes. In addition, although we delete your Personal Information from our “live” database, your Personal Information may remain in our archives and records until they are destroyed. Greenwave will utilize our best efforts to keep all your information up to date when you provide it to us, and to guard your privacy by continuously evaluating the enforcement and nature of our policies. If any of your personal information changes, or you identify a mistake in our records, please update your profile account to update your data.
Do we obtain your consent, policy changes and change of ownership?
Additional Information Questions regarding this policy or the practices of Greenwave should be directed to Greenwave at legal@Greenwavesystems.com. You may also contact us at Greenwave Systems, Privacy Division, located at 200 Spectrum Center Drive, Suite 1500, Irvine, California 92618.
Greenwave follows these principles in collecting and managing personal information:
Will my Personal Information be subject to International Transfers and what about the Safe Harbor regulations?
Personal Information may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Greenwave or its affiliates or agents maintain facilities, and by using the Service and this Site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. During the Term, Greenwave will ensure that Greenwave Inc. and its vendors storing personal data remains enrolled in the U.S Department of Commerce Safe Harbor Program (“Safe Harbor”) or adopts an alternative compliance solution that achieves compliance with the terms of the Directive for transfers of personal data to a third country. While Greenwave Inc. or its applicable vendor(s) remains enrolled in Safe Harbor: (i) the scope of Greenwave Inc.’s and/or its applicable vendor(s)’ Safe Harbor certification will include Customer personal data; and (ii) the Greenwave processing practices in respect of Customer personal data will remain consistent with those described in Greenwave Inc.’s or its vendor’s Safe Harbor certification and the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles.